The Security Management functions that is one of seven primary plans involved with the Environment of Care. Under the security standards, accredited hospitals are required to establish and maintain a security management program. The security management plan must establish a staff orientation and education program, program performance monitoring provisions, and provisions for periodic plan review.
Emergency security procedures also must be established to address:
- actions taken in the event of a security incident to secure the facility
- handling of civil disturbances
- handling of situations involving VIPs or the media
- provision of additional staff to control human and vehicle traffic in and around the facility
- key control along with inventories
- identification badges and after-hour contractor security access and control